Monday, December 10, 2007

Writer's Block

I'm aware that until now, the most recent entry on my blog has been dated "Summer 2000." Though I started the blog in September, the piece is from college. When I decided to start a blog, I imagined it would be a way to share my old writing and inspire me to write something new. I did a lot of writing as a kid and teenager, but these days my creative expression seems to be limited to painstakingly crafted Evites and witty status updates on Facebook. I'm a bit scared that years of Outlook emails have sucked the creative juices from my veins. I'd like to think that I didn't peak at 17.

I've intended to post new blog entries, but so far I've confined my writing time to the laundromat. An hour of writing every two weeks hasn't gotten me very far, especially when it's interrupted by passionate cries ("Ay, Carlos, mi amor!") from the telenovelas blaring in the background.

Either I have to spend a lot more time with the screaming, sticky-fingered children running around Señor Burbujas ("Mr. Bubbles" in Spanish), or I have to take writing a little less seriously and post more casually. It's a little scary for a perfectionist not to send out every phrase for peer review before publishing it, but I'm going to give it a whirl. Though my entries may not be worthy of The Onion, at least they will exist. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

El escribir ocasional es también difícil para mí. Sepa por favor que no sé español y esto es creada por un programa del traductor. En hecho, probablemente tiene poco sentido si usted procura traducirlo detrás. En mi defensa, tengo solamente cerca de 200 DVDs, y varios de mis sistemas video del juego son portables, así que no cuentan a los tres. Usted me hace feliz. Cuidado de la toma.